Watercolor Galaxy - MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge #352

September 27, 2017

Today I'm sharing a card I made for MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge #352

I tried creating a watercolor galaxy background for the first time. Yes, FINALLY! LOL! I've made galaxy backgrounds with the ink blending technique a few times. But, I was so scared to do it with watercoloring. After watching a lot of video tutorials and wasting tons of watercolor paper, I got this. 

I used Distress Inks for my watercoloring (The colors I used are listed at the bottom of this blog post.) and added the white spots with a white gel pen. I'm still not so sure about this result, but I found that it was easier than ink blending, at least for me. 

Now let's get into the sketch challenge. 

I put the astronaut from the Space Explorer stamp set instead of the circle element in the sketch. The rectangle panels were cut with the A2 Rectangle STAX Set 1 Die-namics, and the patterned paper is from the Painted Prints Smitten paper pack.

I filmed my coloring process of the astronaut image. No special technique, just in case you're interested. :)  Click HERE to watch the video on YouTube. 





Head on over to the MFT Challenge & Inspiration blog for the challenge details and for more inspiration from the DT. Hope you'll play along with us this week!

Thank you for visiting!

Patterned Paper: Painted Prints Smitten 
Others: Embossing Magic, White Embossing Powder, Foam Mounting Tape (1/2"), Glossy Accents, White Gel Pen, Enamel Dots

2 comments:

  1. とてもきれいで深い色のギャラクシーですね!💕水を混ぜるとインクブレンディングよりも色がはっきり出るのですね。Toricoさんのようなプロのアーティストでも沢山練習されるのだから素人の私はもっと練習が必要なのだと励まされました。写真では気がつかなかったのですが、ビデオを拝見して、グロシーアクセントでガラスの感じをだされていることもわかりました。やはり素敵なカードには沢山の工程が隠れているのですね。くまこ :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous !! Thanks for the video.

    ReplyDelete